Arduino Home Automation
Automate your home using the powerful Arduino platform
- Interface home automation components with Arduino
- Automate your projects to communicate wirelessly using XBee, Bluetooth and WiFi
- Build seven exciting, instruction-based home automation projects with Arduino in no time
The Arduino platform is used by more than one million people around the world to prototype electronic systems. It is the perfect platform to use to build home automation systems, as it allows you to build your own motion sensors, control lamps remotely, and control preexisting home automation devices. The Arduino platform also allows you to build wireless home automation systems using well-known technologies such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
This book shows you how to use the Arduino tiny microboard to live like a king. The book covers several projects you can perform using the Arduino platform. The first few projects comprise the basics of home automation, such as building a wireless motion sensor, controlling a lamp remotely, and building a Bluetooth temperature sensor. Then, this book dives into the Internet of Things, helping you get a clear understanding of how to send measured data to the cloud. The book will wrap up by showing you how to communicate and control an existing device and build your own home automation system.
What you will learn from this book
- Connect home automation sensors to the Arduino platform
- Use the XBee technology to build low-power wireless motion sensors
- Interface a relay with Arduino to control devices in your home
- Utilize Wi-Fi to control a lamp remotely
- Employ Bluetooth and Arduino to measure the temperature remotely
- Send energy consumption data to the cloud
- Hack an existing home automation device using Arduino
This book is divided into projects that are explained in a step-by-step format, with practical instructions that are easy to follow.
Who this book is written for
If you want to build your own home automation systems wirelessly using the Arduino platform, this is the book for you. You will need to have some basic experience in Arduino and general programming languages, such as C and C++ to understand the projects in this book.